[FFmpeg-user] How do I read meta data? - SOLVED

Jesse Gordon tojesseg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 18:40:05 CET 2012

On 11/16/2012 08:41 AM, Roger Pack wrote:
>> flvmeta input.flv output.flv scans input.flv and creates a list of just
>> keyframes (time and byte offset) and then writes output.flv with the
>> calculated time/offset table in the header.
>>
>> ffmpeg does not seem to (by default) write the keyframe list to the
>> header of an flv file.
> So is this a bug in ffmpeg?
> -r

I don't know if it's supposed to have that as a feature or not. Probably
not, since there are other tools to do it.
Or it may be that it supports it already, but I just don't know how to
make it do it.

I suppose it would be a nice feature since ffmpeg is a major player for
converting video to flv for streaming but there are other tools so it's
not really a big issue at all.

To clarify, the flv files which ffmpeg creates are perfectly playable.
They don't need a keyframe list in the /metadata/ area to be played. The
keyframe list is just to help streaming players know where (in bytes) to
seek to in order to find a keyframe -- even if that byte offset has not
been loaded over the network yet.

Thanks,

~Jesse