[FFmpeg-user] Error during the compilation of ffmpeg(libx264)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Nov 17 20:48:21 CET 2012

Am 17.11.2012 20:38, schrieb Roger Pack:
>> LD      ffmpeg_g
>> libavcodec/libavcodec.so: undefined reference to `x264_encoder_open_128'
>
> What version of libx264 is installed? Maybe try a newer?

this happens typicall if you have x264 in /usr/local/ for
a static build of ffmpeg with static x264 AND try to
build a older ffmpeg version with dynamic linking

in my usecases i have to remove the static x264
temporary or get exactly the problem above

x264.128 is brand new and so.129 is available
since a few days

so the real problem is that you can not tell ffmpeg
in teh configure-line which x264 should be used