[FFmpeg-user] The Start time is wrong when use -ss 00:00:00.00

Rodney Baker rodney.baker at iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 19 12:07:08 CET 2012

On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 21:31:10 Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Rodney Baker <rodney.baker <at> iinet.net.au> writes:
> > Try moving -t to immediately before the output file.
> > And make sure you're using the latest git version. The
> > order of these commands seems to have been changed recently.
>
> Could you elaborate?
> This may be a serious bug.

Carl,

Some time in the last couple of weeks, when converting files using -ss and -t
I got a message from ffmpeg to the effect that -t applies to the output file
and should be specified accordingly. Alas, I don't remember the exact command
or messsage. I will try to reproduce it but not tonight. I'm too tired. :-)

Rodney Baker VK5ZTV
rodney.baker at iinet.net.au