[FFmpeg-user] The Start time is wrong when use -ss 00:00:00.00

Rodney Baker rodney.baker at iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 19 12:35:32 CET 2012

On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 21:57:33 Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Rodney Baker <rodney.baker <at> iinet.net.au> writes:
> > Some time in the last couple of weeks, when converting
> > files using -ss and -t I got a message from ffmpeg to the
> > effect that -t applies to the output file and should be
> > specified accordingly.
>
> While it is true that -t should not be put in front of the
> input file (what does it mean if you encode to several
> output files?), it works fine here (for the first output
> file) and the warning it outputs seems to make sense to me.
>
> Thank you, Carl Eugen

Yes, I agree, but in Stephen's first example he had it before the input file.
I suggested that it should go before the output file rather than the input
file, but the warning seems to be new, hence my suggestion that things had
changed in a recent commit. I don't think it is a bug. :-)

Rodney Baker VK5ZTV
rodney.baker at iinet.net.au