[FFmpeg-user] Post problem: export long wav files (incorrect/limited length)

Stas Fomin stas-fomin at yandex.ru
Mon Nov 19 21:02:14 CET 2012

19.11.2012, 17:42, "Paul B Mahol" <onemda at gmail.com>:
> On 11/19/12, Stas Fomin <stas-fomin at yandex.ru> wrote:
>
>>  And some facts:
>>  * Audacity support long WAVs (import/export), 9hours -- OK.
>
> And ffmpeg reports such files as w64 and not wav?

Thank you very much, the mistery solved!
Yes, they are in W64 format.

> Do you need w64 muxer?

Yes, this will be usefull, to automatically export long lossless audio
for further processing (from videos or AVISynth scripts/projects).

Now I mux w64 with video with AVISynth/RaWavSource,
and export w64 as:
  AVS/AVI -> FFMPEG | SOX -> W64

but I will be glad to forgot forever about 'oldschool 2GB wav' in my toolchain and move to limitless w64.

      Thank you once more,
          Sincerely, Stas Fomin