[FFmpeg-user] Is there way to control tbr, tbn, tbc decisions?

Maxim Levkov maxim.levkov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 06:43:25 CET 2012

Hi Roger,

-r does not affect them enough. Unfortunately, the control is only on the
frames per second side of the process with '-r', but not on the timebase or
timescale. When timebase and/or timescale and/or timebase is skewed ;), the
frames per second does not matter. As much as I like having only one option
that controls the frame rate and pulls other controls together, the
arbitrary nature of assigning the time base and/or timescale, really poses
a great headache trying to keep all "frame" timecode basis under control. I
did find that '-vf ' filter has an option, which I can't recall at the
moment, which controls the timescale, however, the impact is minimal at
best and no impact at worst.

I was just hoping that someone might have a trick or hidden "feature" that
enables explicit control of these elements, and not leaving them to an
FFMPEG to make a decision.

Regards,
Maxim