[FFmpeg-user] Blue images from raw capture

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Nov 20 10:42:43 CET 2012

Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> writes:

> Yan Seiner <yan <at> seiner.com> writes:
>
> > ffmpeg -f rawvideo -pix_fmt yuyv422 -s $SIZE
> > -i /tmp/video.raw -vf yadif -f image2 /tmp/road%02d.png

> Since the png encoder does not support yuyv422, you
> have to give a hint which colourspace it should use.

This was not completely accurate, sorry it was late:
Since the video filter (yadif) that you inserted
between decoder and encoder neither supports the
decoder colourspace nor any colourspace of the
encoder, the colourspace decision is not trivial,
gray is the only colourspace supported by encoder
and video filter.

See ticket #1280, I am not convinced this will
ever improve (and I am not even sure that for
all such cases a "best" decision is clearly
defined).

Carl Eugen