[FFmpeg-user] different filters to different outputs possible?

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 22:58:19 CET 2012

Hello.

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible, to, for instance, from one
ffmpeg instance, pass different "end points" of a filter graph to
different "outputs".

I know that ffmpeg can output to several "output file types"
simultaneously, like:

$ ffmpeg -i input output1 output2 output3

Which seems to work well.

My question is if it's possible to have different "filters" applied to
each output, or do they both get "the same output" (only one filter
graph possible).  Ideally, you could do something like "scale one
input, split it and send one branch to an output, send the branch of
the split through more filters, then to a different output".  Is this
possible today?
Thanks!
-roger-