[FFmpeg-user] different filters to different outputs possible?

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:46:53 CET 2012

> Look at the examples for -filter_complex, in particular all that have the
> -map option.
>
> You can also look at the example for channelsplit for a case with several
> output files (but channelsplit should probably not be used itself).

Thank you that helped (esp. channelsplit).

ffmpeg -i sintel.mpg -an -filter_complex "[0] scale=1000:1000,split=2
[a] [b]" -y -map "[a]" sintel.avi -map "[b]" sintel2.avi

seems to accomplish my original goal. Sweet!

My suggestion for the documentation would be to add "trivialized"
FFmpeg command line examples to the "Simple filtergraphs" and "Complex
filtergraphs" sections, or point the "Complex filtergraphs" section
with a link to where it describes filter_complex, and add a "single
input, multiple output" example command line there.  Something like
that anyway.
Thanks!
-roger-