[FFmpeg-user] How do I make ffplay play without high latency?

Jesse Gordon tojesseg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 19:52:20 CET 2012

On 11/22/2012 10:10 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Jesse Gordon <tojesseg <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The problem I'm having is that ffplay seems to
>> introduce a second or two of latency
> Does -probesize improve the situation?
> (I am not sure if it only affects initial latency
> or also while playback.)
>
> Carl Eugen

-probesize doesn't seem to improve the situation at all.

Is there a way I can tell ffplay to play at 20 fps even though my source
is 15 or whatever -- so that it will always be running out of frames?
(and keeping its buffer empty?

Ahh, I just thought of this -- I could go into the ffmpeg source if I
were smart enough and comment out all the timing code that enforced the
fps..!

thanks,

Jesse