[FFmpeg-user] put timestamp at output filename

ypatios ypatios at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 11:13:08 CET 2012

hello list,

i am trying to extract the I-frames and their respective timestamps from a
video file.

i have been successfully using the select filter to extract I-frames. e.g.:
ffmpeg -i input.avi -vf select='eq(pict_type,I)' -vsync 0 -an
I_frame%03d.png

now, is there a way to put the timestamp directly at the name of each
output image file?
so, the ideal name for each output file would be:

I_frame_[ts_in_milliseconds].png

if not, i guess i will have to use a -vstats file to get the timestamp for
each I-frame and then rename the output files.

thank you!
Y.