[FFmpeg-user] Why the ffmpeg split the video have more than some timestamp use -t

Steven Liu lingjiujianke at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 09:58:43 CET 2012

2012/11/27 Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>:

> Could you explain what is wrong about the start time?
> I thought that transport streams are allowed to have
> arbitrary start times
I want to make the transport streams from -ss,
can you give me some help. I need your help. :)

> Am I correct that the duration problem is only reproducible
> with the initial seek?
I want to cut the right duration time:
for example: from 00:00:00.00 to 00:00:10.00, not 00:00:00.00 to
00:00:10.10  or other
becasuse, i want to split the source video (mkv, rmvb,flv, etc.) and
transcode to mpegts, and collect all of the after transcode file to
one mpegts file. If the timestamp wrong, the in front of the split
file will repeat some millisecond or seconds.

for example:
split input.mkv and transcode 00:00:00.00 to 00:00:10.00 output file
name output-0.ts
and  split input.mkv and transcode 00:00:10.00 to 00:00:20.00 output
file name output-1.ts

then cat output-0.ts output-1.ts > output.ts
or
make m3u8 file use the output-*.ts

if the duration time cannot cut exact, the ts file change to ts file
will have repeat frames.