[FFmpeg-user] Exporting metadata

Emily W Watt emwatt2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 19:00:07 CET 2012

Hello,

Is the "ffmetadata" forced format option (-f) only supported in the latest
version of ffmpeg? I am running ffmpeg 0.6.6 (as the Linux box I am running
ffmpeg on cannot successfully build/run ffmpeg 1.0). If not, any
recommendations on how to export the metadata to an output file?

I am trying to inject some metadata fields into a sample .TS file I have
that has not metadata on it and simply extract metadata by reading
key-value pairs saved in the output file. I have gotten it to work
successfully for 1.0 but 0.6.6 doesn't seem to recognize the "ffmetadata"
option.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Emily