[FFmpeg-user] Streaming audio input in a lossless format

Alex Becerra alexbecerra at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 05:49:54 CEST 2012

Hello,

There's an standard process (or series of steps) to do an streaming with a
lossless format using the line in input of the sound card?
MP3 coding works perfectly but I need the lossless data. The command used
is "ffmpeg -f alsa -i hw:0 -acodec libmp3lame -ar 11025 -ac 1 -f rtp rtp://
234.5.5.5:1234" and I opened it without problems using VLC player.
I've tried to many configurations changing the codec to pcm_s16le or flac
but none of them worked, also I've tried with udp protocol without good
results. Some of them showed an error in VLC (SDP related) and many other
works (the streaming starts) but VLC didn't reproduce anything (only
silence)
Thanks for the help.

Best regards,
Alex.