[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg 1.0 [NULL @ 0xcb4700] [Eval @ 0x7fff0d95cf00] Undefined constant or missing '(' in 'wpred'

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Oct 5 17:09:30 CEST 2012

Reindl Harald <h.reindl <at> thelounge.net> writes:

> the solution was remive 'flags2' and replace it with
>'profile:v baseline'

(Am I correct that this change happened >1 year ago?
Or was this really recently?)

> but this is NOT compatible with ffmpeg 0.6.x

Just in case you don't know, this is of course
unrelated to your original problem:
FFmepg 0.6 releases were always "bad" in the sense
that they contain many regressions, most of them were
never fixed. If you need an old API version, 0.7
was at least much better maintained (and contains
fixes for all known regressions), and we never
received any reports about incompatibility afaict.

(And please understand that this is not directly
related to the fork etc., the 0.6 releases were
bad before the fork happened and were not improved
by the "new team" / traitors in any way.
Michael improved the situation  by releasing 0.7 with
all known problems - a large number - fixed.)

[...]

> i can not provide a minimal command line

This makes it unlikely that I will look at it:
There are a few open tickets on trac and I believe
I am able to fix (or at least improve) some of them.

Carl Eugen