[FFmpeg-user] Errors in ffmpeg while trying to encode dvb-stream

NGage joel.eriksson.95 at outlook.com
Fri Oct 5 19:50:38 CEST 2012

Hello,

I'm getting some strange errors while encoding a http-source that Im getting
from my DVB-card.
I´m using the Netstream plugin in DVBviewer to stream, the signal is direct
streamcopy of the source(1080i).

Command line: ffmpeg -i http://@127.0.0.1:1234 -r 25 -vf yadif=0 -s 1280x720
-c:v libx264 -preset slow -crf 22 -level 4.1 -threads 0 -c:a copy Output.ts

Some of the errors i get:

ref 8 overflow
[h264 @ 000000000fc27400] error while decoding MB 14 54
[h264 @ 000000000fc17400] Missing reference picture
[h264 @ 000000000fc17400] decode_slice_header error
out of range intra chroma pred mode at 3 66
[h264 @ 000000000fc18de0] error while decoding MB 3 66
[mpegts @ 000000000200ad40] PES packet size mismatch
[h264 @ 000000001cbb98a0] illegal short term buffer state detected
[h264 @ 00000000056f8b00] mmco: unref short failure
[h264 @ 00000000056f8b00] mb_type 49 in P slice too large at 74 26

I get these kind of errors about 2-3 times every minutes and the
consequences is obvious that i loses frames in the output.
The CPU usage rarely goes up to 90 %, I would say that it oscillates between
40-80 % so i dont think that´s the problem...
The cpu im using is a Intel 3930k i7 @ 4.3Ghz.

Would be grateful if somebody could help me out with this  .

Sorry for bad english...