[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg query not resolved till now

Francois Visagie francois.visagie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 08:33:05 CEST 2012

The somewhat empirical approach to working out suitable parameter values
that worked for me was:
1. Read the mencoder documentation which with encoding guides etc. is
somewhat more comprehensive
2. Translate the parameter names to ffmpeg
3. Establish the parameter values required by my target - DVD, iPod etc.
4. Assemble the command line

Hope this helps.