[FFmpeg-user] Changing frame properties not supported error out of no where?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Oct 9 21:56:53 CEST 2012

Joey Leone <jo2jo <at> validusdata.com> writes:

> This has worked for over year and 20k+ videos,
> I thought I was very clear about that, so I don't
> understand why someone saying this wasn't tested.

To elaborate:
I wrote "it seems very unlikely somebody tested
this FFmpeg installation" and the important word is
"this" in the sense of "current".

Of course I believe you that the ffmpeg executable
(that does nearly nothing except parsing your input
string) was heavily tested when it was installed
months ago (0.8.5 was released October 2, 2011, so
"over" a year seems like an exaggeration).
Note that the 0.8 branch was cut in June 2011, i.e.
the code is actually 16 months old.

But the new version of libavfilter from May 2012 is
not necessarily compatible with this ffmpeg.

Carl Eugen