[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg query not resolved till now

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Tue Oct 9 23:22:01 CEST 2012

On Tue, 9 Oct 2012 09:31:32 +0530
Tarun singhal <tsinghal18 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please have a look at below post, which is not been answered from months.
> Either no body know about this stuff or its been missed.
> If you guys can kindly answer to this query / take it forward, I would be
> really grateful.
> Appreciate your help.
>
> https://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2012-June/007029.html
>

> Regards,
>
> Tarun Singhal

I believe -bufsize should be the size of buffer for the person watching
your video. With -maxrate it allows you to choose how many seconds of
buffering is required before the stream plays (bufsize / maxrate =
latency in seconds). -maxrate is the slowest connection speed that you
are willing to support without buffering. I believe 5 seconds is
typically the maximum acceptable bufsize.

Note that this applies to streaming and not progressive download.