[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg 1.0 [NULL @ 0xcb4700] [Eval @ 0x7fff0d95cf00] Undefined constant or missing '(' in 'wpred'

Clément Bœsch ubitux at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 21:58:15 CEST 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 02:11:33PM +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 11.10.2012 13:57, schrieb Stefano Sabatini:
> > On date Friday 2012-10-05 17:18:29 +0200, Reindl Harald encoded:
> > [...]
> >> it's not really possible to find out froma php-script what
> >> exactly version of ffmpeg is available to generate different
> >> calls - not in a cean and portable way
> >
> > You may consider to parse ffmpeg -version or ffprobe -show_versions,
> > added since 0.10 (assuming ffprobe has the same version of ffmpeg),
> > and tweak your scripts accordingly.
>
> the output is not really helpful
> first:  for snapshots you can do nothing with it

Why? The major, minor or micro bump is committed along with the change so
it should work.

> second: it is exactly the same output as "ffmpeg" except the help-lines at the end

You have writers to customize to something easily parsable, like let's
say:
    ./ffprobe -v 0 -show_versions -of csv

More about writers: http://ffmpeg.org/ffprobe.html#Writers

Of course, that's a relatively recent way of getting version, I'm not sure
how well it fits with your problem.

Clément B.