[FFmpeg-user] Concat limited to certain file types?

Jan Ehrhardt phpdev at ehrhardt.nl
Thu Oct 18 11:38:55 CEST 2012

Jan Ehrhardt in gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user (Wed, 17 Oct 2012 18:12:56
+0200):
>I have to test it yet on Canon's 50fps interlaced MTS files, which have
>always been the most troublesome files.

That went OK as well.

>Nicolas George in gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user (Wed, 17 Oct 2012
>17:23:06 +0200):
>>I do not know the status of volnorm, I do not like it. You can do a two pass
>>normalization, first detecting the volume and then adjusting, using the
>>volumedetect or ebur128 filters (the first one is much faster, the second
>>one is way more accurate).
>
>I will look into volumedetect.

It may be fast, but running MEncoder once again after the transcoding is
much faster. MEncoder's second pass goes with 1000fps, a first pass with
volumedetect on (for instance) the Canon MTS files goes with 300fps.

So I will stick with a second pass by MEncoder for the moment, but would
love to see a volnorm avfilter.

Jan