[FFmpeg-user] Question about concat protocol

Dennis Volodomanov volodomanov at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 03:43:22 CEST 2012

On 20/10/2012 11:14 AM, Jan Ehrhardt wrote:
> You make me curious. What filter setup are you using at the moment?
> Note to myself: I really have to test my setup on 29.97fps files.

All I did, that made a difference, is to add "fps=fps=25" (or 30,
doesn't make a difference) to the video filter instead of the setpts.
I'm still experimenting, but any other filters don't seem to matter.
Perhaps I'm not doing something right again though :)

> Two things come to mind: using fade filters to smoothen the stitch.
> And/or playing around with the keyframes. Do the segments all start with
> a keyframe? If not, try to find a way to put a keyframe at the beginning
> of each segment. This discussion might give a clue:
> http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2011-November/003055.html

Thanks for the idea about keyframes - that may be it, perhaps it's
skipping to the first one (by default), while I want all frames
included. That would certainly explain it technically.

Dennis