[FFmpeg-user] ProRes Quicktimes with audio not playing back reliably

Tim Nicholson nichot20 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 12:43:35 CEST 2012

On 23/10/12 09:53, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Bob Maple <bobm-ffmpeg <at> burner.com> writes:
>
>> I did:
>>
>> ffmpeg -i RealProResFile.mov -vcodec copy -acodec copy Remux.mov
>>
>> and dumping shows everything is still aligned as per the original.
>
> Does Remux.mov work with FCP or not?

So remuxing a QT quicktime in ffmpeg stays good (assuming the answer to
Carls question is yes, but remuxing an ffmpeg quicktime in QT doesn't
completely fix the issue (well it didn't for me)

> If not, could you provide RealProResFile.mov ?
>
> (And please confirm that you are using current git head,
> there have been changes in the mov muxer lately.)

Shouldn't we be looking at the coder not the muxer?

When doing:-

ffprobe -show_packets | grep size v_only_test.mov

I found that for genuine prores all packets were multiples of 16 bits
but ffmpeg sizes were all over the place.

This was using the same source file in each case.

--
Tim