[FFmpeg-user] Misson, impossible?, Prescaling, a, video...

meino.cramer at gmx.de meino.cramer at gmx.de
Thu Oct 25 07:23:03 CEST 2012

Hi,

I want to play a viodeo on an embedded linux system. There is no
graphics hardware acceleration but the CPU is quiet capable.

The video I want to play does not have square pixels...(I think
this is called "anamorphic"???) and normally is scaled to have
square pixels while playing ... if hardware acceleration is available.
If this is done on my embedded system with software scaling I count
the frames while drinking coffee.... ;)

What I want to do is to pre-scale the video on my PC with ffmpeg
in two ways:
"De-anamorphic"-scaling from non-square anamorphic pixels to square
"LCD-friendly"-pixels. Then downscaling to the size of the LCD screen
of my embedded system (800x480).

Especially the first step gives me headaches...

How can I do this?

Best regards,
mcc