[FFmpeg-user] ProRes Quicktimes with audio not playing back reliably

Tim Nicholson nichot20 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 26 12:36:09 CEST 2012

On 25/10/12 23:30, Bob Maple wrote:
> On 10/25/2012 3:14 PM, Bob Maple wrote:
>
>> Hmmm.. I actually can't seem to get either to work.  The resulting files
>> don't seem to have a 'fiel' tag.

Currently ffmpeg doesn't write the 'fiel' atom except in the case of a
stream copy. This is the subject of a current patch...

> Forget that.  Apparently Adobe tags field ordering in a non-standard way
> so my movies didn't actually have normal 'fiel' atoms. !@*?

Non standard in what way?

> In any case however, I found one that does seem to be properly marked as
> Interlaced/Upper Field First, but after recompressing with prores_kostya
> it gets marked as Progressive.  Hrrm.

Marked in what way?

If you compress with interlacing requested (-flags +ildct) and then
check the flags with ffprobe -show_frames you will find its interlaced.

--
Tim