[FFmpeg-user] Problems when installing ffmpeg

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Fri Oct 26 21:15:54 CEST 2012

On Fri, 26 Oct 2012 13:45:07 +0200
Thomas Åsenlund <thomas.asenlund at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> I'm trying to install ffmpeg from but I get this error:
>
> If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
> version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
> ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
> Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
> solving the problem.
>
> I found the Git  ppa here https://launchpad.net/~git-core/+archive/ppa and

The git package from the Ubuntu repository should have sufficed.

> the installinstructions here
> http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/UbuntuCompilationGuide#IfYouNeedHelp
>
> I'm running the latest Ubuntu 12.04 and I also include my config.log
>
> Regards
> Thomas Åsenlund

> ERROR: libfdk_aac not found

Did you install fdk-aac as shown in the guide you linked to? If you do
not need it then remove "--enable-libfdk-aac" from your configure. You
do not need to install all of the external libraries the guide includes
but only the ones that you need.