[FFmpeg-user] Question about concat protocol

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Mon Oct 29 20:14:04 CET 2012

L'octidi 8 brumaire, an CCXXI, Jan Ehrhardt a écrit :
> The same might be the problem with Sean Darcy's Canon MTS-files in
> 'joining avchd files'. I have similar files in which the second one
> starts with 9 audio frames and then comes the first video frame. At the
> end of the first file there are about 3-4 videoframes without the
> corresponding audio.
>
> Audio STARTPTS: 2943.708000
> Video STARTPTS: 2943.820000
>
> A desync of 0.112 would be the result. It is hard for me to confirm this
> because there are no scenes to test the 'out-of-lipsync'.

Yes, this is very certainly the case. Also, the fact that they are in
MPEG-TS format hints strongly of a split made at the container level.

> A fysical cat of the files is no option for me, because I cannot use HD
> space and are limited by the space on the SD card where the video files
> reside.

That is exactly what the concat protocol (not the concat filter) is made
for: letting ffmpeg see a single file just as if the inputs were physically
concatenated, without actually using the extra disk space.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George