[FFmpeg-user] output file numbering ubuntu ffmpeg

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Oct 31 10:01:00 CET 2012

Krämer, Patrick <patrick.kraemer <at> student.kit.edu> writes:

> $ ffmpeg -start_number 5  -i gopr0043.mp4 %06d.png
> ffmpeg version 0.8.3-4:0.8.3-0ubuntu0.12.04.1

This is an intentionally broken version of FFmpeg, it
contains several hundred known bugs not present in
FFmpeg, some of them security relevant. Please
understand that we therefore cannot support this
version, please see http://ffmpeg.org/download.html
to find out how to get a current version.
I suggest you compile a static binary and put it in
/usr/local/bin

-start_number is both an input and an output option.

Carl Eugen