[FFmpeg-user] Creating time-lapse from more than a thousand images

Weston Ruter westonruter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 21:31:37 CEST 2012

Thank you for the replies.

My filenames are in the format YYYYYY-MM-DD-HHMMSS.jpg, for
example 2012-09-03-121544.jpg. So I didn't want to have to rename (or make
hard links) in the format %04d.jpg. I found that ffmpeg can do globbing via
http://murphyrandle.com/blog/2012/08/03/ffmpeg-can-handle-the-globs/

However, it turns out that the problem is with my input data. The ~1000th
image was corrupted (zero bytes) and so it seems ffmpeg aborted due to
that. I deleted the malformed image and re-ran the command `ffmpeg -i
'%*.jpg' -r 30 -q:v 2 timelapse.mp4`, and it worked perfectly.

Thanks!