[FFmpeg-user] pkg-config --static ?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Sep 10 23:28:15 CEST 2012

Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I noticed that "by default" when I compile fontconfig as a static
> library, then enable it in ffmpeg with --enable-fontconfig,

[...]

> it is running pkg-config like this:
>
> $ pkgconfig pkg-config --libs fontconfig
>
> which outputs:
>
> -L/home/rogerdpack/..../i686-w64-mingw32/lib -lfontconfig
>
> after consulting the fontconfig people, they suggest
> this work around:
> $ pkg-config --static --libs fontconfig

It is absolutely possible that I completely misunderstand
how pkg-config is supposed to work, but imo
pkg-config --libs should allow you to link to the library
no matter how you configured it (or in other words: the
pkg-config file of fontconfig has to look differently
depending on how you configured fontconfig).

Carl Eugen