[FFmpeg-user] How to find the last working GIT version?

Dennis Volodomanov volodomanov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 01:30:54 CEST 2012

On 11/09/2012 7:21 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> It is missing the part where you explain how I can reproduce
> the problem, the remuxed file plays fine here.
> Or is this really a Bravia-only problem?
> In this case you will have to bisect yourself...
> (But I will help you with a configure line if you confirm
> that I cannot reproduce the problem.)

Well, VLC does play it fine, so it may be related to hardware-based
player which are obviously a bit more limited and perhaps strict.

If you can give any further hints on doing the bisect, I'm happy to
spend a few hours on it.

What about the configure line - should I enable debugging to get more
information?

What I need to do is set up two new folders from git - one for the
version I know works and another for a version 2 weeks in advance (as I
believe that's roughly the time-frame when it broke) - I don't know how
to do that. I can then do bisect on that and see what I can come up
with. I've got a reproducible environment here, so it may be easier for
me after all.

Thanks,

    Dennis