[FFmpeg-user] Benchmarking with ffmpeg - What are the parameters meaning?

Francois Visagie francois.visagie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 09:38:50 CEST 2012

It isn't quite clear to me exactly what time lapse you want to measure. If
it's for the whole ffmpeg pass from start to finish, I use the below on
Windows. %INPUT% and %OUTPUT% are set to the input and output filenames
respectively. %PASS% is obviously set to the pass. My script actually uses a
single command line for both passes, appropriately adjusted for each. So the
first time execution passes through here %PASS% is set to 1 and the 2nd time
to 2.

Hopefully this is of some help.

echo Start %INPUT% >%OUTPUT%.time.txt

echo Start pass %PASS% >>%OUTPUT%.time.txt
echo. | date | find /v "Enter the new date: (yy-mm-dd)" >>%OUTPUT%.time.txt
echo. | time | find /v "Enter the new time:" >>%OUTPUT%.time.txt

ffmpeg ... -pass %PASS% ...

echo End pass %PASS% >>%OUTPUT%.time.txt