[FFmpeg-user] How to find the last working GIT version?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Sep 12 01:03:10 CEST 2012

Dennis Volodomanov <volodomanov <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > You do realize that you only have to change one line to
> > revert the relevant commit?
>
> What I meant is to find the actual source code change
> that caused this. To do that, I'd need to know which files
> are potentially involved and look at difference in those
> files, because if I look at all the differences, there are
> just too many of them :)

git log -p 3e1cf49 shows you the change in commit 3e1cf49
(a version that you know is bad) and all prior commits, the
first commit before 3e1cf49 is 2107009 that as you know is a
good version, so you only have to revert the one line from
commit 3e1cf49 but none of the (several ten-thousand)
earlier commits.

I hope this clears it up, if not, try to remove
"&& has_decode_delay_been_guessed(st)" from
compute_pkt_fields() in libavformat/utils.c

Carl Eugen