[FFmpeg-user] BGR24-YUV420-BGR24 conversion on raw video

Timo S timo.infradex at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 07:34:26 CEST 2012

Thanks Mark! :)

So, the good old BT.709...

Is there any way to force the conversion to full 0-255 range? I wouldn't
want to be bound by ancient TV technology...

It's kinda hard to test concept codecs like the H.265 (which uses raw yuv as
test videos) if the comparison uses raw bgr24 avi for test material. The
metrics would be utterly useless. Of course PSNR is never conclusive if
comparing codecs and therefore I use also AbsDiff and UIQ. Possibly SSIM, if
we are successful in implementing that.

Offtopic: H.265 test encoder is seriously buggy. It was even missing an
include line on the source code, so it wouldn't build. Luckily one guy here
knows his C++.