[FFmpeg-user] ProRes Quicktimes with audio not playing back reliably

Bob Maple bobm-ffmpeg at burner.com
Sun Sep 23 05:43:55 CEST 2012

> Does it work if you use another audio codec?
> (aac with high bitrate)

Ah - forgot to finish testing that the other night as well (I was
getting errors about AAC being 'experimental' and then got sidetracked
on something else.)

But no, AAC doesn't work, nor does MP3.. still get glitchy
playback/dropped frames.

For fun I also tried still using PCM and changing the bit depth and
sample rate to no avail;  pcm_s24le at 48khz is still not good,
pcm_s16le at 44.1khz is still not good, etc.

Back on the video front, I tried MJPEG as suggested by Thomas which
works fine, and I also just did DNxHD and it plays fine as well.  So it
seems to be something with Prores specifically.