[FFmpeg-user] Converting video to MP4 through pipes

Thierry Florac thierry.florac at onf.fr
Tue Sep 25 13:43:54 CEST 2012

Le Tue, 25 Sep 2012 10:30:20 +0000 (UTC),
  Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> a écrit:

> Thierry Florac <thierry.florac <at> onf.fr> writes:
>
> > > Use either -frag_duration or -frag_size to allow writing
> > > mov (mp4) files to a pipe.
> >
> > Thanks for the link.
> > Do you have any idea about how to define correct values
> > for these parameters ??
>
> Please define "correct values".

Well... right !
As I don't really understand what these settings are made for, I just
don't know in what unit they should be given and can't imagine any
significant values...
Should they be adapted to the converted video contents, duration or
anything else ?? My problem in this case would be that my application
is a medias library which can handle many different kinds of videos ;
the conversion is primarily done to be able to display videos in an
HTML5 compatible browser...

Regards,
Thierry
--