[FFmpeg-user] optimized bitrate

Hugo Wau hugowau at gmx.net
Tue Sep 25 22:33:05 CEST 2012

thank you again Roger,

On 25.09.2012 17:19, Roger Pack wrote:
>> I noticed some audio distortion right after starting the video or directly
>> after jumping to a certain place, using VLC-player for playback in those
>> videos, to which I had applied the "-b 5000k" option. This distortion did
>> not appear in those videos to which I had applied the "-qcomp" option. Now I
>> think, that i have to play around with the -vb option if this only applies
>> to the video-bitrate, since I do not want the audio quality to be reduced or
>> affected in any way at all.
>>
> 2 pass might help.
> -r

Could you give me an example for the command-line please or a link, how
it works for the "target DVD"?
My ffmpeg version is the dmo-version for debian wheezy (11.1). When I
started off had there been no report that 2-pass would work for
producing videos for DVDs. But this may have changed meanwhile?

Hugo