[FFmpeg-user] X-Files, The.mpg: Protocol not found

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Wed Sep 26 10:20:43 CEST 2012

Le quartidi 4 vendémiaire, an CCXXI, Dan Hentschel a écrit :
> Actually, I think I may have figured it out. It seems like all the
> files that have a comma after the first word fail to parse:

The comma is used to introduce protocol options:

ffmpeg -i http,+user-agent+hidden++://localhost/foo

The syntax is a bit ugly, but it is quite useful on occasions.

The parser could be more strict when detecting it, though. For example, only
parse the comma is there is a colon later, or only if the protocol is
actually known. Patches welcome.

In the meantime, you can eliminate the problem by specifying the protocol
explicitly:

ffmpeg -i file:'X-Files, The.mpg'

Regards,

--