[FFmpeg-user] "fps 2997 is too large" - creates mov with bad public atom (error -2002

Nathan Lewis nlewis at mail.crawford.com
Tue Apr 2 04:55:16 CEST 2013

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Steve C <natgeo.operations at gmail.com> wrote:

> Carl,
>
> The error effects opening and playback with Quicktime 7, on both Mac and
> Windows platforms.
> Final Cut Pro works off of Quictime 7, so it makes sense that you cannot
> import the file into Final Cut.

Hi Steve,

I just downloaded the file from the dropbox link provided and I am able to
open and playback the file in both FCP and QT player on Mac OS 10.8.3 .
 Both report the file to be MOS (no audio tracks).  Details:

QT Player:  version 7.6.6 (1709) QT Version 7.7.1 (2599.24)   (Note:  I'm
not sure what to make of the discrepancy between version and QT version)

Final Cut Pro:  Version 7.0.3

I've lost some of the history of the thread.  So, please let me know if I
am missing something important or need to do any additional testing.

Regards,

Nathan