[FFmpeg-user] Fwd: "Guessed Channel Layout for Input Stream" - how to assign channels? (FL+FR+FC+LFE+BL+BR)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Apr 3 09:38:18 CEST 2013

Steve C <natgeo.operations <at> gmail.com> writes:

> the only issue i see with the output file is that
> Quicktime 7, by default activates only the first
> audio stream

This is probably a result of fixing ticket #468.
Since your use case appear less common to me,
this is unlikely to get fixed by default.
(We could change it for the "mono" case, but
that would make it even more confusing imo.)

But I wonder how this should ever work in your
specific case: FFmpeg would set all 16 channels
as default, meaning that QuickTime would play
both languages simultaneously...

Carl Eugen