[FFmpeg-user] "fps 2997 is too large" - creates mov with bad public atom (error -2002

Steve C natgeo.operations at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 16:58:06 CEST 2013

> Carl is probably just waiting for a response to this:
>
> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
>> Steve C <natgeo.operations <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> The error effects opening and playback with Quicktime 7
>>
>> Sorry, I had misread that part of your original mail.
>> Could you test if 9362f31 and c071b00 also fail?

Tom, I did test these two and posted my results to the list on Friday
of last week.

While they didn't give the same error as the master version, neither
of those two versions
produced an output file with correct timecode.
in some cases the timecode track did not even contain all number values
(please see the previous posts from last week for the details).