[FFmpeg-user] need help with ffmpeg.

Pavel Koshevoy pkoshevoy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 15:59:07 CEST 2013

On Apr 12, 2013 6:39 AM, "Liam Condron-Farnos" <23liam at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> >i want the functionality that when a person speaks then myapp
> >records make video/audio and plays back it by changing its audio pitch,
> >like tomcat app.
>
> I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think ffmpeg can do this (that's only
> from a quick look over the documentation, so I may be mistaken). Maybe try
> another tool, like sox.

Pitch shifting may be possible by chaining together audio tempo and audio
resampling filters.  The steps would be to double the audio tempo and
resample the waveform at twice the sample rate (this may require to fix up
the timestamps as well) -- the result should be audio of same duration at
lower pitch.   However, I haven't tried it myself.

Pavel