[FFmpeg-user] Record Webcam To a Different File Every Hour

me at renecalles.de me at renecalles.de
Fri Apr 12 19:08:51 CEST 2013

Hi Özen,

two options are coming in my mind for this topic:

1) If you're on linux use a cronjob every hour and your command could
look like ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -r 25 -s 640x480 -i /dev/video0 -t 3599
out.avi

2) Make use of the segmenter included in FFmpeg. But i'm not shure such
long segments are supported and you might need to choose antoher format
such as MP4/MPEG-TS as output.

Both options are not tested but this is where i would start testing.

Best Regards,
René