[FFmpeg-user] .MTS (sony) file with LPCM song

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Apr 18 14:54:56 CEST 2013

Guillaume Fontaine writes:

> I have a HD sony camera (so it write the video into
> a MTS file). when I choose the song format LPCM
> (Linear PCM -> it's a professional camera) ffmpeg
> seems to not see the song.

Consider providing a sample.

> "ffmpeg version 0.8.6-6:0.8.6-0ubuntu0.12.10.1

This is not FFmpeg but an intentionally broken version
that contains several hundred user reported bugs that
are not reproducible with FFmpeg, some of them security
relevant, please understand that we cannot support this
fork.
Please see http://ffmpeg.org/download.html for supported
versions, current git head is recommended if you are not
a distributor yourself.

Carl Eugen