[FFmpeg-user] How can I use the fieldmatch filter to detelecine?

L. Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 19 02:44:22 CEST 2013

On 4/17/13 5:36 PM, "Carl Eugen Hoyos" <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

>L. Lee <llee040 <at> sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42718751/Blockyclip_output.zip
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42718751/Blockyclip_mpg.zip
>
>Both samples look progressive to me, I don't think
>the fieldmatch filter can have any effect on
>these files.
>What do you expect the filter to do?

I don't know what gives me the results demonstrated by the conversion of
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42718751/Blockyclip_mpg.zip to
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42718751/Blockyclip_output_mpg.zip if
the fieldmatch filter isn't doing it, but that conversion is satisfactory,
with the exception of two significant deficiencies. Some areas are
pixillated (as you can observe) and converting an excerpt of longer
duration results in a/v sync issues (audio is delayed, however, I haven't
yet done enough testing to determine whether the sync problem increases
cumulatively or whether there's just an offset that occurs initially. I
also tried the same filtergraph with 1080i sources, but the results were
so similar to the ones achieved for 720p that I didn't consider providing
samples. Here's are the two methods that I've developed to apply pullup
for the two denominations of source video using MEncoder in case the
correlation will help clarify what is needed. It's been quite some time
since I've needed to alter these options which result in very high quality
conversions for the video samples I provided in my O.P. I'll be glad to
provide corresponding MEncoder excerpts for the encoding results already
submitted for comparison to those achieved through ffmpeg, if that would
help you help me.

720p:

-demuxer lavf  -vf
filmdint=dint_thres=256,fspp,softskip,scale=1280:720,framestep=2 -mc 0
-noskip -aspect 16/9 -of lavf -lavfopts format=mp4 -alang en -oac faac
-faacopts br=192:mpeg=4:object=2:raw -channels 6 -fps 30000/1001 -ofps
24000/1001 -ovc x264 -x264encopts
preset=slower:tune=film:crf=28:bitrate=1800:bframes=0:global_header:threads
=auto:frameref=3

1080p:

-demuxer lavf -vf
filmdint=fast=0/sad_thres=512,fspp,softskip,crop=1920:1064:0:16,scale=1280:
720 -mc 0 -noskip -of lavf -lavfopts format=mp4 -aspect 16/9 -oac faac
-faacopts br=192:mpeg=4:object=2:raw -channels 6 -fps 30000/1001 -ofps
24000/1001 -ovc x264 -x264encopts
preset=veryslow:tune=film:crf=28:bitrate=1800:bframes=0:global_header:threa
ds=auto:frameref=3

Thanks.

Laine Lee