[FFmpeg-user] How can I use the fieldmatch filter to detelecine?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Apr 19 10:19:32 CEST 2013

L. Lee <llee040 <at> sbcglobal.net> writes:

> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42718751/Blockyclip_mpg.zip

Could you test if the mpdecimate filter works better
for this sample?
$ ffmpeg -i sample -vf mpdecimate -r 24000/1001 -qscale 2 out.avi
The fieldmatch filter does not help because your sample
does not contain any interlaced frames, so there are no
fields to match...
In the future, the decimate filter will hopefully
support dropping three of five frames.

As an alternative, you could try to interlace your video
to get the telecine pattern back (it appears your video
was de-interlaced after telecine was used) and feed the
result to fieldmatch. I am not saying that is the best
option, but you could test:
-vf interlace,fieldmatch...

Carl Eugen