[FFmpeg-user] reduce laltency when streaming udp multicast

Jacobs jacobhameiri at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 11:52:03 CEST 2013

Thanks for your help.

> It is possible that -probesize and -analyzeduration
> help for your problem (I don't know).

what values of -probesize and -analyzeduration would you recommend ?  and in
what part of the commandline they should be added ?

> ultrafast and zerolatency have no effect on mpeg4
> encoding.

-probesize and -analyzeduration are there because I am testing libx264 ang
mpeg4. ( btw for less latency would you recommend mpeg4 or h264 ?)

> Some of your configure flags are default flags and
> have no effect:

are the unnecessary configure flags affecting the performance ?

also, is there a good way to find out what part of the process is causing
the delay ?

and are there any buffers I can ( and should ) disable ?