[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg, webm and Firefox

Hartmut spieluhr at ewetel.net
Thu Apr 25 13:39:57 CEST 2013

I have an unusual and new problem with webm-files made by ffmpeg and
Firefox as player. I have made several webm's from DV-material for my
website and they were all played ad hoc and fine. 4 weeks ago I
converted another video in the same way to webm. But this one is not
played by FF except I forward the video by 3 seconds and click play
then. Confusion!

So I tried some of my old videos and all was fine. I tried the new video
with Chrome and Opera and they played this video. But Firefox not. Why?
The only things that are changed in the time between the last - playing
- video and this new ist the version of Firefox and the version of
ffmpeg. So I tried an older version of FF to no avail. So it must be a
problem caused by ffmpeg ...

This is the command-line for converting (DV is 720x576, 16:9):
ffmpeg -i Rohfilme/infile.dv -c:v libvpx -b:v 1000k -c:a libvorbis -b:a
128k -ar 44100 -ac 2 Rohfilme/outfile.webm
or
ffmpeg -i Rohfilme/infile.dv -c:v libvpx -s 1024x576 -b:v 1000k -c:a
libvorbis -b:a 128k -ar 44100 -ac 2 Rohfilme/outfile.webm

You can try an old video at:
http://hartmut.homelinux.org/Oldtimer/Bella/Videos/Bellatreffen-2009.html
and the new one at: http://hartmut.homelinux.org/Downloads/Hochzeit.webm

Regards,