[FFmpeg-user] How to add amr-nb to FFmpeg

gcmail gcmail at zoho.com
Thu Apr 25 20:01:40 CEST 2013

---- On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 12:34:17 -0500 bat guano  wrote ----

>Hi
>Your FFmpeg -version shows "--enable-libopencore-amrnb".
>So it already has amr-nb included, no need to add it. ;-)
>
>Use commands like this:-
>ffmpeg -i file.wav -acodec libopencore_amrnb -ab 12.2k -ac 1 -ar 8k file.amr

Hi,
In the GUI I am using I don't see amrnb,
as a choice for audio.
I do see libopencore_ammb
Maybe the GUI has a typo in the list?

I want to convert a vob file,
to use on a cell phone (3gp)

I have done this with DVDx 4,
but the sound was poor.
So I increased the quailty in that software.
But the video size went from 320 x 240,
To 384 x 288.

So I then ran it through FFMpeg using a GUI,
in Linux to reduce the video back to 320 x 240.

I would rather just use FFMpeg and skip DVDx 4

Thank you for helping me.