[FFmpeg-user] RGB-YUV color shift

chris bouchard chris.bouchard at framestore.com
Mon Apr 29 17:03:54 CEST 2013

Bob Maple <bobm-ffmpeg <at> burner.com> writes:

> Could I ask how you are testing this?  I am getting quite the opposite
> result converting a TGA codec Quicktime to ProRes or h264 using that
> colormatrix conversion, the results are very different from the original.
>
> Bob

I was using an RGB image sequence source - not a quicktime source,
so that might already be
assumed to be 709...

In the end I found that the default scaler was causing the slight green tint.

If you add this flag:

-sws_flags lanczos+accurate_rnd

this fixed the green tint I was experiencing with the default down scaling.
Note that lanczos alone will go green without the +accurate_rnd option.